Friday, July 23, 2010

Salutations from the Sauna

It's July. I live in a loft. It's fucking hot up here. The heat has hindered my ability to move, let alone work, much less have a chance to edit the photos from my fabulous trip to Mill Valley CA, which I can't wait to do. But no, my computer has to heat up to 150 degrees every 20 minutes and I have to shut her down and wait for the cool off.

Mill Valley is paradise. I hope to live there and make babies someday. The trip was complete with the best road trip game I have ever played, an amazing brunch with the bestest friends, the World Cup final game, a beach unlike any I had ever been to, bunker diving, blankets on the lawn, rock hunting. Oh I could go on and on... 

Since I can't edit my photos yet, I'm going to place a photo tribute here to all of my favorite things that you can only get in California... 

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Lagunitas IPA


















The nectar of the gods, this is hands down my favorite IPA of all times. We drank several of these on the trip (thank you James!!)

Trader Joe's Blue Cheese and Pecan dip (droooool)













Need I say more? Oh god this stuff is out of this world! I really think I could eat an entire tub in one bite if no one was looking.

Peet's iced latte (with foam of course!)













There's just something about waltzing into a Peet's coffee house and getting one of their signature coffee drinks. My favorite is their iced latte, complete with foam. (droool)

Annie's Shells & Cheddar


















Ok, I know that all I have to do is walk to Smith's Marketplace to get this, but I tried it for the first time on this trip, and it was the best mac and chee evs!

Mill Valley Beerworks

Saving the best for last, I would like to share a word to the wise: If you are ever in the Marin area, do yourself a favor and stop in at Mill Valley Beerworks. The atmosphere, service, food and the BEER were out of this world. Just take a look at their menu, and you'll see that this place makes that douche nozzle of a joint "the Bayou" look like, well, even more like a total douche nozzle.

http://millvalleybeerworks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment